TikTok, the short-form video app with a mission to inspire creativity and bring joy, today launched the #thinkb4youdo challenge to encourage Thailand users to take a moment and think before they conduct dangerous acts on TikTok. #thinkb4youdo is a call to action for everyone using the platform to play their part in creating a safe and positive environment for the global community.
As a platform that celebrates creativity and expression, TikTok is continuously enhancing and updating its various policies and tools to ensure its millions of users feel safe and comfortable within the community. To draw greater attention to the dangers of posting harmful content for entertainment purposes, TikTok is encouraging users to participate by doing the following:
- Shoot a video and use the #thinkb4youdo sticker and follow the choreography
- Post your video along with the hashtag thinkb4youdo and set it to public
- Share it on other social platforms and invite your friends to join you
“TikTok is committed to fostering a positive and inclusive environment where users can express themselves safely,” said Laksamee Jong, User and Content Operations Manager – Thailand. “While many turn to the platform to laugh, learn, and engage with their community, some users will inevitably post content that promotes harmful behaviour such as amateur stunts or dangerous challenges. As such, we’re encouraging users to take a moment and think about the implications of posting such content, as well as follow our robust policies and tools in place to help stop these issues.”
Many popular Thailand creators have joined the challenge to create short videos using the #thinkb4youdo, such as
- Aki (TikTok ID: @aki_yamaguchi) who made the video ‘For better online community’. She presents contents that are inappropriate behavior on social media, and suggest to think before filming and be mindful.
- Flukie (TikTok ID: @flukiie) who made the video that encourage people ‘Let think before filming… Don’t be like a kitty na’ which present exaggerated advertising content. It can be risky and harmful to the audiences who might be ignorant and did not comprehend the product properties carefully.
- Tuahia, (TikTok ID: @firstvoice) who made video that share inappropriate act and should not be done, such as ‘Filming on the road or go LIVE while driving’ , which may cause harm and other would do the same.
Promoting a safe and positive app environment is TikTok’s top priority, and it has a number of measures in place today to protect against misuse. Learn more about TikTok’s safety efforts and our community guidelines.